Friday, March 21, 2008

Baby Stuff

Currently Craving: Starburst Jelly Beans

i kind of don't want to go all Pottery Barn on this kid, but it seems that Pottery Barn is totally in your face when it comes to baby and household stuff. and if it isn't Pottery Barn, it's Pottery Barn look alikes at cheaper prices, a la Target. i just don't see it. in our modernly furnished (although 100 year old house) suddenly to explode in gingham and shabby chique doesn't make sense to me.


so last night i played on the internet and i found THIS site. Modern Nursery. so if you visit, ignore the prices and check out the stuff. they have way cool modern cribs.












way cool modern bassinets.













and the selection of mobiles goes on for more than two pages.

SWEET.


















i'm not saying we're buying anything just yet. we can't even decide which room is going to be the baby's room to begin with. but it's nice to know not everything has to be cookie cutter if we don't want it to be. Yay.

1 comment:

Kirsten Oliphant said...

I totally know what you mean! I do think Pottery Barn stuff is cute, but I also don't think it's a style for everyone! (Also, SO unnecessarily expensive!) Here's a site I love with weird retro/mod stuff: www.myretrobaby.com I really like their things as well. I don't know if my nursery has a "style." I'm not even sure it all goes together. But what the hey--the baby doesn't know the difference, so it's really all about what YOU like, right?? :)