Maybe we're too old to have a baby. A few years ago a fun weekend would have included racing, lots of yoga practice, and ending the night with dinner out and dancing until all hours at Mars Bar....
this weekend we spent hours on the couch watching the US Open GOLF TOURNAMENT... yes, GOLF

and followed that up with a sporting episode of Antiques Roadshow on PBS.

i feel like we skipped the middle years and headed straight into retirement. we're so cool!
2 comments:
In a similar twist of fate, we also spent some time watching the US Open. You have to understand how much we both hate golf to truly realize the significance of this event. I mainly turned it on Saturday night in an attempt to bore Cillian to sleep, but for some reason, it was just really entertaining to watch Tiger Woods. All three of us were really interested in it, although not enough to actually watch Sunday or Monday.
Also, I guess I have always been a retiree at heart, since I have been a fan of Antiques Roadshow since high school and also frequently watch Bargain Hunt and Cash in the Attic on BBC America. I also look forward to Masterpiece Theatre every week... maybe I should not admit these things, huh?
Nah, the excitement is just about to begin!
Post a Comment