now is the perfect time to take on a new hobby, right? perfect.
somehow i really want to knit now. i want to knit sweaters.
i can't knit sweaters. but maybe one day i will.
5 comments:
Anonymous
said...
good luck to you!! My stamina never went past baby hats, and I also slipped stitches and had to do some creative fixings on them. Of course, I lack patience to a fault, and the lack of instant gratification always got to me. With your background in yoga, I don't think you will have those problems, though!! : )
Sure you can knit sweaters. Start with the simple scarf that I make to get your rhythm and gauge. It goes really fast and then move to a simple and small sweater. You can do it. I was wearing the beautiful scarf you crotcheted for me the other day and received many compliments on it. So go for it, you can do it.
I want to learn to knit too. I bought a book and all that jazz last year but have never gotten around to it. I would love to find a class in the area to learn. Good luck to you!
i picked up knitting again....i know how to knit and purl, and that's it! i guess i am a poet, if not a knitter, at least! ;) maybe when i come to richmond we can knit together....i did just finish a ribstitch winter headband for a freind. one problem though, the needle is still at the end, as i don't know how to 'cast off.' !!
thing is, i already know how to crochet and am pretty good at squares and rectangles, i could just start getting creative with crochetting. but i read all these blogs where these women make these beautiful things and i'm so inspired. it might take a while, buti know i'd finish it. i just might start something for sabine and it would end up being for her child...
5 comments:
good luck to you!! My stamina never went past baby hats, and I also slipped stitches and had to do some creative fixings on them. Of course, I lack patience to a fault, and the lack of instant gratification always got to me. With your background in yoga, I don't think you will have those problems, though!! : )
Sure you can knit sweaters. Start with the simple scarf that I make to get your rhythm and gauge. It goes really fast and then move to a simple and small sweater. You can do it. I was wearing the beautiful scarf you crotcheted for me the other day and received many compliments on it. So go for it, you can do it.
I want to learn to knit too. I bought a book and all that jazz last year but have never gotten around to it. I would love to find a class in the area to learn. Good luck to you!
i picked up knitting again....i know how to knit and purl, and that's it! i guess i am a poet, if not a knitter, at least! ;) maybe when i come to richmond we can knit together....i did just finish a ribstitch winter headband for a freind. one problem though, the needle is still at the end, as i don't know how to 'cast off.' !!
thing is, i already know how to crochet and am pretty good at squares and rectangles, i could just start getting creative with crochetting. but i read all these blogs where these women make these beautiful things and i'm so inspired. it might take a while, buti know i'd finish it. i just might start something for sabine and it would end up being for her child...
Post a Comment