Friday, July 8, 2011

Naptime Story

In case you're wondering, Sabine is pretty much a pro at sleeping in the Big Girl Bed. Once in a while we hear her banging around up there and wonder what she is up to, but she's stayed in it for the most part. Once she told me she got up to get one toy she needed.
So I was a little surprised to hear the pitter patter of feet several times this afternoon when I was downstairs and she was supposed to be napping. Eventually I did go up there and found her climbing back into bed after taking a blanket into my office for me.
I explained that she was not to get out of bed during naptime.
and she replied
"there are open parts of this bed, here and here and at the bottom" [therefore, I'm supposed to be out running around]
so then I had to explain that yes, those parts did exist BUT she still had to stay in bed. It worked I think. I didn't hear anything else but singing after that.

No comments: