Max driving us to dinner last night asked: Sabine, what's Eli doing back there?
Sabine: He's chillin'
It has been really cute to see her take to him and get interested in him. She is always over my shoulder for diaper changes wondering if they are "heavy diapers" and she wants to see what's inside and even hold the diapers. (I know, that's strange and funny)
"Why is his poop yellow?" she asked this morning.
Yesterday she said: "What's that face, Dude?" And she's enjoying trying do copy his faces and show them to us.
She's often mimicking what I'm saying in a similar way: shushing him when I do, or saying "there he is, there he is" when he finally opens his eyes .. or she'll say: "your mom and your sister are here" when he starts to cry. She even brings him toys and things to look at when he gets fussy.
It is a super sweet budding of a brand new relationship. And what is also fun is to be on the same side of it as her. We're all in awe and wonder about this kid and it's fun that she's with us as we look at him.
And as a bonus ... having a baby around is letting her know just how much she isn't a baby these days and I think she feels more confident and more empowered. It is awesome!
No comments:
Post a Comment