i was lucky to have four women of my mom's generation there who ALL had homebirths with Nancy. and then two additional women who are dear friends but haven't been pregnant yet. and what was so remarkable was that the women who had had the home births talked about being in the moment, about being connected to Source/the universe, about being empowered, about being powerful all of those things. not a one spoke about the pain being unbearable. and at the end my aunt said 'i would do it again'
Below are some photo highlights:
Natural Element of Fire is added by all women lighting a candle, sara is pictured

Nurturing the Mother and Natural Element. Katie gives me a foot massage using cornmeal. (i'm super lucky because she's in massage school) The beautiful garland was made for me by Robyn.

Nurturing the Mother and Natural Element. Candy washes my feet after the corn meal massage

We took a break to eat wonderous food provided by marty with mom's help. YUM!
Then came back to do some beading to create a focal point for me to use during labor or just as a memento after the experience.
Marty helps me choose beads.

Mom and Marty choose beads

Robyn chooses beads

The final hanging

i wish every woman could have such a wonderful and empowering experience. as Robyn said: it's like this is the moment to pause and just gather in and be with the experience away from all there is to do. and from here from this moment on you are moving forward to the birth.
2 comments:
Having just gone through the experience, I can say that there were times that I felt I was afraid I would not be able to make it to the end, but I did, and I was so proud of myself for making it through. I would not say that the pain was unbearable, but that it was definitely challenging. Of course, nothing can ever erase the moment that your new baby is placed in your arms. I still remember both vividly, and I think I always shall. Once you have that moment, the memory of the pain just melts away, and you realize how much it was worth it.
Yay! i am so glad you were able to have the birth you wanted. it is always so wonderful to hear from women that it is possible to do this and that in the end it is all totally worth it
Post a Comment