Friday, August 27, 2010

L'Artiste

Sabine loves drawing so much we figured it was time to make the leap into paint. Washable fingerpaint seemed to be the best place to start. So one day last week we put plastic over the highchair, newsprint over the table and stripped her down to have a go at it. Somehow I thought she might go all Izzy on us and we'd end up with paint all over everything. I think I underestimated my girl's Girly tendencies.... you'll see

First, she is totally unwilling to get in the highchair and insists on painting in my lap.
OK, i get it, you put paint on your finger

Wait, I have to put paint on MY finger?

So when the fingers weren't working, max and i brought out chopsticks and that was much better.


OH, now i see, fingers in the paint really is pretty cool

making a rainbow with mommy



Ah, the tortured artist!

And finally, displaying the "artwork" proudly on our fridge.

Since then we've talked about the painting a few more times. At this point the highlight seems to be that she was 'SO Naked' and that Daddy made cookie monster. She's also told me a few times that the page on the fridge is 'all done' while she tries to pull it down.

No comments: