Thursday, August 26, 2010

Weekend Away

This weekend sabine spent some time in Roanoke while I worked most of the weekend and max was at the track.
She went there with a very specific plan which included: walking the babies in the stroller, feeding the ducks, making cookies, and playing with the toys. I think all of her dreams came true!
From what I can gather from her now, the highlights of the weekend were: riding a noisy train at the zoo, seeing the red pandas eat apples from a bowl, feeding the ducks who were fussing, baking cookies with chocolate chips, and seeing granddaddy mow the lawn and vacuum his truck. Sounds like a full weekend to me.
I taught my first workshop this weekend and I think it went pretty well. At least it was well attended. For me, having her off for the weekend was perfect because I was able to concentrate on putting the workshop together and on my yoga practice before hand. Not to mention, having a break from full-time mommy duty to just do whatever I want is pretty darn awesome. The other great thing about her going away is that it gives me a chance to miss her. Some days I feel like I'm just waiting for her to go off to college (and i know, it will be here before I know it, enjoy the moments), kind of like 'when are you going to leave and give me my life back?' but when she does leave, something is missing.... my life doesn't just go back, now she's gone and i get to miss her. so i was glad to get her back on sunday evening.
This week it's mommy sabine time all week while max is on a shoot and it's going well. we're taking it easy since we both had very full weekends. but we're glad to be back together, and that's a good thing.

No comments: