A week and a half ago we had Sabine's birthday party. Totally supported by mom coming into town and frosting a thousand cupcakes and making Grammie's mac and cheese, this party was a success. (i'd say). We decided to go 'No gifts' I mean, how much stuff does a 2 year old need? and instead we asked everyone to bring the Feast! Our friends and family are so awesome. They brought the greatest vegetarian dishes and all ate well. So we enjoyed a nice time on the deck until it started to rain and then the last of the party went inside where the kids played with Sabine's toys and the adults caught up on conversation and cupcakes. I just wish it had been longer so I'd have more time to talk with people. This reminded me how much I enjoy our friends and that we don't see them enough. Time to re-connect.
Birthday Girl and MommyBringing out the cupcake while everyone sang "Happy Birthday." We were a little worried that she might freak out, but Sabine did great. I just told her "daddy's going to bring you a cupcake," and she was totally interested.
She did NOT want to blow out the candle though.
She did NOT want to blow out the candle though.A very nice time. And so great to celebrate early, then we didn't have to stress out just before her birthday.


No comments:
Post a Comment