Sabine did not get a home-baked birthday cake on her birthday. My mom or Max's mom would have stayed up for many hours to bake the perfect cake and have it frosted and decorated beautifully just for the special birthday child to enjoy on his/her birthday. At 9:30 on Monday night, I couldn't bring myself to do it.
That said, I think it's ok; she's still just 2 by the way! I reason that Mom and I made 75 cupcakes last weekend for her birthday party AND Max and I don't need to eat an entire cake all by ourselves. When it really matters in a few years (and when she'll help us eat it) I will gladly bake a cake at midnight if I need to. .. And let's just hope those words don't come back to bite me in the butt.
Instead, yesterday she got her choice of a special cupcake from Carytown Cupcakes. She chose vanilla with "pink icing and a flower on it" "Sabine eat the flower" And I think she was quite satisfied with her choice. It must have been loaded with sugar because she had some at lunch and then totally skipped her nap and spend 2+ hours playing HARD in her crib all by herself. Whew!
(ps... It would totally not be a bad thing if I was turning into my mother or Max's mom; they are two of the great mothers who I totally admire. It's just fun to say I'm NOT turning into my Mother!)
1 comment:
Sabine is lucky to have a Mom like you. It couldn't get any better!
xxxooograndy
Post a Comment