It hasn't quite been a full month since Christmas so I figure I'm still ok to post these. Here are the last of the photos from Christmas morning.....
Sabine managed to make time to read stories several times through the day. She tends to need a break from any excitement to recharge from time to time (don't we all?). So she made it a point to stop and read with some of her favorite people. I was reading her new story of Christmas book. She really liked reading about the Baby Jesus and about the donkey that Mary rode on to Bethlehem.
I have a music box given to me by my godmother that plays Silent Night. It is a little nativity scene and is the only one we got out this year. Sabine loved looking at it and it was her first introduction to Baby Jesus. She liked seeing him in the manger but was definitely concerned about him. We spent many days talking about Baby Jesus being in his bed. She wanted to know why his mommy wasn't holding him. I kept explaining that he was happy and his mommy didn't need to hold him, but if he cried his mommy would pick him up. And she was OK with that answer but probably would have liked to see him held. I figure we're doing pretty well as parents though because she added that if his mommy didn't hold him then his daddy would.


This is a photo of a barn that Mrs Claus made in the last few days before Christmas. The pattern came from a link from a friend. I'll blog more about it because I'm pretty happy with it.


We also hosted Christmas Brunch for the first time. This was for my mom's side of the family who were in town. Here's the table


And the spread. We tried to keep it pretty healthy and nourishing. Eggs for protein, Salad for greens. The only thing I really really wanted were the french breakfast puffs that my mom made every Christmas morning for years. They're made with Crisco AND Butter and just enough flour to hold them together, then when they come out of the oven they're rolled in more butter and cinnamon sugar. Heaven. And thanks to my mom for making them for us.
Another book break (you can't see it but Sabine's holding her belly button)
Family Gathering

Another book break (you can't see it but Sabine's holding her belly button)
Family Gathering
Sabine realized there was chocolate and there were more gifts to help open. And a note on chocolate (because there always should be notes on chocolate)... Earlier in the morning when my mom started opening her stocking, Sabine came up to see what was in it. Mom asked if she would like to see what was in there. Sabine answered by nodding and saying : "There must be some chocolate in there"

One last reading break


One last reading break



No comments:
Post a Comment