Sunday, May 8, 2011

Easter Round Up

Some Shots from Easter weekend:

This was our first attempt at dyeing Easter Eggs. The first problem we ran into was that all the nice organic eggs I bought were uh, Brown. So before we could get started dyeing on Saturday morning Mom and I had to pack Sabine into the stroller and hike up to CVS to buy some good old white eggs that would actually take the dye.
Once the eggs were finally boiled we sat down to work in the kitchen. Sabine seemed interested enough for a two year old. And I think mom and I both enjoyed playing with the dye. Max liked it too when he made his way in.
Here she is doing her "cheese" face.




On Easter morning the Easter bunny hid Sabine's two baskets. The first was behind the sofa where we had played at hiding eggs and things earlier in the week. The second was in the piano chair (which is wire and easily seen through). I think she liked hunting but was most interested in the chocolate Peter Rabbit and in the new Tale of Mr. Jeremy Fisher from the Peter Rabbit series. I'm not exaggerating when I say we read those books OFTEN and she can recite much of the story word for word. Today, for example, Sabine was on the changer "reading" The tale of the Flopsy Bunnies and saying: "it is said that the effects of eating too much lettuce is soporific. I have never felt sleepy after eating lettuce, but I'm not a rabbit." Seriously, she said ALL of that. Child is astounding! Here she is with her baskets....



And finally, a shot of Granddaddy taken by Sabine. Joy!


No comments: