Monday, February 20, 2012

Snow Day!!

Not two weeks ago it started snowing while Sabine was in for nap and I was practicing yoga. It was actually a thundersnow -- where a thunderstorm came on and suddenly snow started falling instead of rain. I ran into her room and got her out of bed (she wasn't sleeping) and took her straight to the window because I knew it was only going to last a few minutes. I figured it would be her only chance to see any snow all year. Since then the conversation has gone like this: "Mom, what do you want to talk about?.... I want to talk about snow" and then we've talked all about snow.

Luckily the weather goddess had some goodness left for us. Yesterday afternoon the flakes started to come down and just cover the ground. It picked up in the night and this morning we woke to about 3" on the ground. Sunny weather and a relatively warm day, plus because it's Presidents' Day her school was already planning to be on holiday so I didn't have to scramble to re-arrange plans. YES! And it'll all be gone by tomorrow, so no missed days. Hooray!

This morning was a family outing into the snow to do all the things she's dreamed of:


Cuddling Tyco in the snow.


We made an igloo


Going Sledding on Max's snowboard


And pulling Tyco on the sled


Who needs a real dog??



Hanging with dad


No comments: