Saturday, August 4, 2012

Beast

(8 weeks)
This week was a BEAST.  I got myself ROCKED by this baby who has decided to kick my butt.
In all honesty it wasn't the whole whole week, but Wednesday was hands down the worst day I've had ever in being pregnant

On Wednesday morning I woke up and meditated as usual.  Then I went downstairs for breakfast with Max and Sabine.  By the time I was finishing up I could see changes in my vision and I felt numbish on one side of my face... migraine coming on!!!  Yikes!  I made it upstairs to bed and laid down with a dark cloth over my eyes (still no curtains in the new house).  It didn't go away, but kept on building.

By noon I had a full on raging migraine and I didn't have any tylenol.  The worst moment had to be knowing Sabine had a dirty diaper and I can barely crawl myself to the bathroom to worship the porceline god.  That was a pleasant moment, let me tell you.

I finally got to talk to Nancy later and she told me some very helpful things.  First, she said this is a good sign in the pregnancy (wonderful).  It is a vascular headache caused by the increasing blood volume needed for mom and baby for the next several months.  She also said:

- take care of it right away, don't try to be a martyr and don't wait, it will only get worse and then it will NOT go away and you'll have to cover your eyes and lay down for the rest of the day.

- treat it with tylenol

- sip a little bit of caffine through the day to help keep the blood vessels open.

- get something very very cold on the back of your neck

By Wednesday night with tylenol and black tea in my system the headache finally backed off.  On Thursday it was much more mild and I kept a low dose of both tylenol and coke for the day.  Yesterday I was finally better.

After the headache, the uggy hung-over feeling was a welcome change.  At least I knew a little bit more about how to deal with it!!!

I'm just really looking forward to the second trimester when I hope to have enough energy to make it through every day feeling good and start to really unpack and move into this house!!!


No comments: